If you’re a frequent blogger, you know how important it is to use short URLs. Long URLs are frequently unappealing on professional websites. However, you may make your links lighter and simpler to pass out with a WordPress URL shortener, a WordPress plugin that makes your links appear more presentable to customers.
There are several advantages to using WordPress URL shorteners, from managing and cleaning up unsightly affiliate links to branding URLs with a unique word or symbol, as well as taking into account character restrictions on platforms like Twitter.
In this post, we’ll look at some of the best WordPress URL shorteners available right now. Use them to make your URLs easier to read and remember while also gathering more click data.
Best URL Shortening WordPress Plugins:
ThirstyAffiliates is a fantastic paid WordPress link management plugin that helps you conceal your affiliate links with ease. You may do more than simply make your links look nice and appealing with this plugin; you can also import URLs, auto-link terms, keep track of statistics accurately, and more.
With ThirstyAffiliates, you can quickly monetize a regular WordPress blog: Use this plugin to generate branded links and replace certain keywords with your original affiliate link. In addition, you may add, manage, and insert affiliate links in your articles. You can also arrange and manage your links from the admin interface.
- You can use Shorty to build short URLs for your affiliate links. It’s convenient and easy! You may also use it to create short links automatically, as I’ll show you how to do in this article.
- It’s simple to use and allows you to insert affiliate links into blog articles with ease.
- It has rich reports for evaluating the performance of your links.
Shorten URLs more effectively with a free, custom URL Shortener that has many advanced features. Shorter URLs will never become invalid. During direct redirecting to the original URL, no advertisements are displayed.
Don’t be limited by your links. Make sure your connections further your business. The new gold standard for shortening URLs. A new analytics criterion has been established. – Develop a cohesive brand engagement strategy with your team. – Manage your links like an expert. Discover different redirecting rules, and work together to build your brand awareness.
Use the analytics tools to optimize and personalize each short URL for maximum effectiveness. Make your own name (alias), use it in affiliate programs, and generate a QR code for handing out fliers, among other things.
Using Cutt.ly’s dashboard and API, you may effortlessly manage your links, as well as analyze them to see what is going on with them – so you know what you can improve and get the highest click-through rate. Cutt.ly makes link management easier than ever before, and sophisticated analytics allow you to understand what is happening.
- There’s no need to get overly technical here; I’ll explain everything from the ground up in this guide.
- To understand it, track each shortened link and evaluate its performance.
- From a user perspective, your short URLs should be as simple and intuitive as possible. Each short URL should be optimized to take advantage of its potential.
Bitly is a popular URL shortener used by world-renowned companies like Twitter, Facebook, and TripAdvisor. WPBitly is Bitly’s WordPress plugin that makes it simple to change the WordPress internal short links.
You can use this tool to see who has clicked on your links and where they’ve been forwarded.
The Pro plugin by WordPress is the most popular one, with nearly a quarter of all websites using it. It has numerous advantages over other solutions; however, one disadvantage is that it only works for small businesses and not for large enterprises.
- Bitly allows you to create URLs with your brand name.
- The Wi-Fi-enabled Twitter app lets you connect to the network and publish immediate or scheduled tweets.
- Its Link Engagement Analysis tool offers a wealth of information about how your audience interacts with links in your content. It allows you to make better business judgments based on these insights.
URL Shortener by MyThemeShop:
The fantastic URL Shortener by MyThemeShop plugin allows you to design distinct and easy-to-remember links. You may not only make your links appear shorter and more appealing with this plugin, but you can also hide them entirely.
In addition, URL Shortener provides real-time data on how many people click on your link. When compared to other solutions, this plugin is one of the quickest — and we all know that internet pages that load quickly are more popular.
- If you’re looking for a free WordPress plugin that can reduce the number of characters displayed in your Facebook posts, HSHem is the answer. It’s simple to use and includes integration into social media posts.
- It saves time by allowing you to replace numerous links at once rather than one at a time.
- This extension allows you to handle your link flow in a number of ways, including redirects.
Website: URL Shortener Pro
Like the rest of the WordPress URL shorteners on this list, URL Shortify allows you to make eye-catching customized URLs that you may use online. When it comes to disguising messy links and monitoring how well a link is performing (whether from Twitter, email, or somewhere else on the internet), there’s no better solution than this plugin.
The best thing about this plugin is that you may protect your links from unauthorized access. It also works nicely with other WordPress plugins to enhance the efficiency of your workflow.
- Shorten your URLs with URL Shortify. With password-protected links, it adds extra protection.
- Link analysis is a feature that enables you to make educated judgments about your website’s performance.
- This is a very popular feature among marketers, especially those looking to create mobile-optimized sites. It allows you to divide your audience and send them to custom landing pages depending on their location or device.
Website: URL Shortify
Another fantastic WordPress plugin is Link Climb, which helps you conceal and compress your unattractive links, allowing you to receive more visitors and keep readers on your blog articles.
It’s available in both a free and premium version, so you can test it out before purchasing the full package.
You may create Pretty Links and track each arrival on your URL in order to obtain a comprehensive, detailed report of where the hit originated.
It’s also a useful tool for increasing the reach of your website by placing links on forums or comments on other blogs. This plugin already has 300,000 active users, and the number continues to rise each day.
- You may use the following URL format to create your own slugs with Bluehost: You can also use our Smart Links tool. It’s simple and quick, with no strings attached. You may even generate custom slugs for your URLs using Redirect Express!
- Links are easier to group and manage when they’re accessible from a single landing page.
- The product page includes social sharing buttons to improve your reach.
Clean WordPress URLs:
Clean URLs are just one of the features that help your website or blog appear more professional and reliable. So, although most of these plugins will require a fee, they’re worth it considering the features and value you’ll receive from them.
All of these URL shorteners are compatible with other plugins you may already have installed on your WordPress site.
There are a few things to consider when it comes to shortening URLs in WordPress. Of course, one solution is to keep your connections lengthy and unorganized – but we wouldn’t recommend it.